Occupational noise level measurement made easy
Measuring noise at work doesn’t need to be a time-consuming task. The Optimus+ Red noise at work sound level meter makes noise level measurements incredibly easy and straightfoward, as it uses advanced digital acoustic technology to save you time while capturing all essential noise level data simultaneously.The instrument captures sound pressure level (SPL), time weighted and frequency weighted values, and octave band data at the press of a single button. You’ll never need to worry about missing something or choosing the wrong function: just turn it on, calibrate it, and get measuring!
The best instrument to meet the SANS10083:2021 Class 1 Instrument requirments.
By measuring every parameter you need simultaneously, you can be sure that your occupational noise survey will be comprehensive and robust, providing the level of detail required for making better-informed decisions and reporting to key stakeholders within your organisation.
All of your measurement data can be displayed on the large screen, so you can see straight away if there are any occupational noise problems in your workplace. You can easily navigate screens to see the data you need during measurements.
The Optimus+ Red is a data logging noise at work sound level meter, designed specifically to carry out noise level measurements and risk assessments in the workplace. As such, it meets the requirements as set out in the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005.
With Bluetooth® connectivity, the Optimus+ Red can be connected to the dBActive smartphone application, allowing you to use your noise at work sound level meter remotely, from up to 10 metres away.
The Optimus+ Red is also available as an octave band sound level meter, featuring 1:1 octave band analysis for the accurate selection of hearing protection. As it meets international standards and guidelines, it can be used for workplace risk assessments for compliance with the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 in the UK, as well as European Union, and US regulations. The Optimus+ Red meets OSHA, HC & PEL, MSHA and ACGIH guidelines. The Optimus+ Red noise at work sound level meter is the instrument you need in order to protect your workers from noise-induced hearing loss caused by excessive noise exposure in the workplace.
- Occupational & Industrial Hygiene Noise Evaluations
- Noise at Work Surveys & Noise Exposure Calculations
- Hearing Protector Selection using HML or Octave Band Methods
- Machinery Noise Tests
- Noise Ordinance & Community Noise Assessments
- General Noise Measurements
- Simple operation with an ergonomic design
- Simultaneous measurement of all workplace noise parameters with additional two “virtual” noise meters
- VoiceTagTM note recording*
- AuditStoreTM measurement verification*
- Latest digital technology with a high resolution colour OLED display and back-lit keypad
- Measure up to 140dB(A) and 143dB(C) Peak with a single measurement range
- Real-time 1:1 Octave Band Filters*
- NR & NC values & curves on screen*
- Pause & Back Erase as standard
- 4GB memory with the option of 32GB
- Long battery life
- Measure up to 170dB with the optional
- MV:200EH microphone system
For Occupational Noise and Industrial Hygiene, measuring the noise exposure of employees quickly and reliably is essential. The optimus red sound level meters are the ideal instrument for these applications with a clear, high resolution OLED colour screen, a wide 120dB
measurement span (up to 140dB(A) and 143dBC Peak) and simultaneous measurement of all available parameters.
There’s no setup or complicated configuration needed. Just switch on, calibrate and press start. It’s that simple. VoiceTag Audio Recording Before each measurement is made, you can record a VoiceTag by simply speaking into the microphone. You can record notes about the measurement location, describe what is being measured or simply store information that may be useful at a later date.